Israel has launched a ground operation in the Gaza Strip

Israel has launched a ground operation in the Gaza Strip

The Israel Defense Forces announced the resumption of a ground operation in the central and southern Gaza Strip, Reuters reports.

The Israeli army said its operations have expanded its control over the Netzarim corridor, which divides Gaza into two parts.

Earlier on Wednesday, the Israeli army dropped leaflets in the northern and southern parts of the Gaza Strip, urging locals to leave their homes. In addition, Israeli Defense Minister Yisrael Katz released a video message warning Gazans that evacuations from the war zones would begin soon.

The resumption of the operation began a day after Israel began strikes on the Gaza Strip. Hamas said more than 400 Palestinians were killed in the bombardment.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s decision to start shelling sparked protests in the country as 59 hostages are still to be held in Gaza, and 24 of them are believed to still be alive.

Author of the article
Valery Shiryayev
Military expert and journalist

Add a comment